LA City El Monte Bonded Sewer Contractor

El Monte LA City Bonded Sewer Contractor

Did you know in the city of El Monte and the surrounding areas that a regular plumbing contractor that holds a C36 classification license is not allow to work under or past the sidewalk?
This means that not every plumber is certified or qualified to do a repair under the sidewalk or beyond the walkway…
Only plumbing contractors with a C36, some city sanitation contractors with a C42, or some cities pipeline contractors with C34 certifications can do this kind of work and must be bonded sewer contractors to do any kind of work under the sidewalks or in the streets. You can find a list of bonded sewer contractor Los Angeles on the Los Angeles Department of Engineering web site. Plumbers not on this list, cannot touch the sewer pipes going under the sidewalk into street.

Did you know it is the home owner’s responsibility for
sewer and pipe repairs under the city streets?

The myth that when a sewer problem occurs and is under the city street, it is the city’s problem and not the home owner’s responsibility. As a homeowner, you are responsible for the sewer lines from your home, to the city main sewer connection, including the saddle connection on the city main sewer line.
However, in most cases the City is responsible for the public sewer issues when there located under an alley or in an easement on private property. Maintenance of the sewer lateral, the sewer that carries wastewater from buildings to the public sewer is the responsibility of the property owner as described in the City’s Municipal Code.
The private sewer service lateral (also known as a private lateral) is a pipe that takes an individual building’s wastewater to the public sewer main in the street. These private laterals are owned by the building owner and are essential for directing wastewater away from homes, churches, schools and businesses to a publicly owned wastewater collection and treatment system.

A sewer lateral is the pipe that connects indoor plumbing to the sewer main.
As Illustrated in the diagram, there are both upper and lower private laterals. The upper lateral runs from the home or business to a cleanout at the sidewalk or sometimes the property line. The lower lateral runs from the cleanout to the sewer main in the street. If no cleanout is in place, the private lateral is usually not considered split between upper and lower portions.
So, to recap… if the work is to be done entirely on your property any plumber with a C36 contractor’s license and a Los Angeles City business license can do the work.
Work needed within the public right of way (e.g. under the sidewalk, under the parkway or under the street). A permit from the City of Los Angeles would be necessary. To obtain a permit, contact All Service Plumbers at (888) 300-9648 or the Bureau of Engineering, Central District A-Permits/Sewer Permits directly at (213) 482-7030.

LA City Bonded Sewer Contractor

If you’re in need of maintenance or pumping on your septic system, contact All Service Plumbing. We provide plumbing repair, drain cleaning, maintenance, and installation of septic systems throughout Los Angeles County and surrounding areas. Call us today to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment. We’ll send a licensed plumber who is certified by Los Angeles County for plumbing leak detection or any plumbing related project.

Bonded Sewer Repair Company in El Monte California

Bonded Sewer Repair

Los Angeles County (LA) Bonded & Insured Contractor

Bonded Sewer Repair Company in LA

It’s a bit-known fact that the town of Los Angeles forbids regular plumbing contractors with C36 classification licenses from working under or beyond the sidewalk area. This rule pertains to the areas around the city at the same time.

What this means is many plumbers are certainly not certified or allowed to perform repairs if they require digging within the sidewalk. Some C36 certified contractors are capable of doing this work, as long as they are bonded sewer contractors. City sanitation contractors who hold a C42, and pipeline contractors with C34 (in some instances) can also work under sidewalks and in the streets. You can get an entire listing of bonded sewer contractors in L . A . if you glance at the L . A . Department of Engineering website. Plumbers who happen to be not on this list will not be permitted to make changes to or focus on sewer pipes that enter in the street.

The homeowner is responsible for the pipes and sewers that run out of their property. There is a common misconception that in case an issue occurs under the street, this is the responsibility of the city to correct it. This is not the truth. Homeowners are responsible for the sewer lines that lead out of their house towards the main sewer connection, including ones which lead over to the city’s main sewer line.

The City accounts for people sewer issues should they relate with a sewer which is located under an alley, or if they are an element of an easement on some private property. Repair of sewer laterals (which carry wastewater from buildings to your public sewer) are definitely the responsibility in the property owner. This really is explained inside the Municipal Code.

Private sewer service laterals, or private laterals, are definitely the pipes that take an individual building’s wastewater in the property for the public sewer situated in the street. Private laterals will be the property of your building owner. They drain wastewater from those properties (that could be homes or businesses) to the publicly owned wastewater pipe network, for collection and treatments.

There are upper and lower private laterals. An upper lateral runs in the property into a cleanout located on the sidewalk or about the property line. The reduced lateral takes waste from the cleanout towards the sewer within the main street. If you find no cleanout in place, the non-public lateral will run all the way to the sewer and is also just treated for being a single piece.

If effort is being done on your property, plus your property alone, then any plumber that holds a C36 contractor’s license and also has the right business license is allowed to perform the work. In case the work will extend for an area that may be treated as public right of way then this plumber will need a permit from your City of La. All Service Plumbers, reachable on (888) 300-9648 can sort out this. The Bureau of Engineering, Central District A-Permits/Sewer Permits, reachable on (213) 482-7030 can also help.

If you require assistance with your septic system, be sure you contact All Service Plumbing. The team provides drain cleaning, plumbing repairs, maintenance and installation services for septic systems in Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas. We may be happy to supply a licensed plumber, certified through the county, for plumbing and leak detection services and other plumbing related projects. Contact us today for a no-obligation quote.

Proudly serving El Monte CA.

All Service Plumbers Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 24 customer reviews